Learn Music, YOUR Way™
Yes, you tell us what song or skill you want to learn, and we make you a custom music lesson on the spot!
Nowhere else can you find this remarkable service, where a complete multi-media lesson is made to order, a custom lesson created just for you!
Video Lesson (Video, PDF sheet music & TAB, chord charts)
Audio Lesson (TAB & sheet music, plus MP3)
Chart (TAB & sheet music only)
How it works:
1. You tell us what you want to learn — any song, any technique or lick or trick you can think of.
We’re serious, whether you want to learn Twinkle Star or Flight Of The Bumblebee, we’ll find a way to make it easy for you.
First of all you don’t even have to have it yourself, we’ll go find it on YouTube or some obscure forum and get our hands on it one way or another. All you have to do is tell us the title.
Please note: if you want to learn a piece by another musician, exactly as they play it, that is not considered a “lesson” but is instead a “transcription”. In that case please head over to our Transcriptions page. Thanks!
But as far as your Custom lesson, we don’t care if its learning to read music or tackling Django style jazz arpeggios, we’ll create a lesson on it!
Anything you want to learn, we’ll find a way to teach it to you. That’s our promise.
2. We make you a custom-made video or mp3 with TAB and charts to go along with it.
Here’s the fun part: you’re not going to just get some video shot of a dude with their guitar, like you see all over YouTube. No, these are professional level courses with printed sheet music and TAB, music charts and play-along mp3s to practice to.
The video shows both hands, along with LIVE computer generated music feed that shows you exactly what note is being played, as it’s being played.
And every video has a part at the end with a real backup band playing the chords so you can play along like a real live jam. This is too much fun to be a lesson!
3. You have fun learning and jamming along!
After you get your lesson, you have all the time in the world to play along with it, and we’re also available 24/7 online to answer any questions that come up, no matter how confusing.
With easy to read TAB and notation, play-along mp3 and lots of detailed video, you can’t go wrong. And, it’s more fun than a box of frogs!
Sounds great! What do I need to do?
– You’ll receive an email confirming your order right after you go through checkout. We won’t actually charge your card or PayPal account until we review your order.
– We’ll review your order within 24 hours. In most cases, your Custom eLesson will be of average difficulty, so we’ll process your payment and get to work. If your request is exceptionally difficult, we’ll contact you by email to discuss it.
– Next, we’ll create your Custom eLesson. This may take up to a week or more, depending on the subject matter of your order.
– When it’s ready, we’ll send you an email with a link to your lesson materials on your very own account page on this website.
– If you have any questions, just email or call us us, or use the handy Live Chat feature (on the lower right of the website).
– If you need more help, we’ll schedule a video conference with you (Zoom, Skype, FaceTime or Google Hangouts) to go over everything in detail. We also do support over IM or texting, or even just an old fashioned phone call. It’s whatever works for you!
What are you waiting for? Learn that song you’ve always wanted to play!
If you want us to TAB out and get you sheet music for an artist performance, note for note, you will need to go to the Transcription page for that. Custom Lessons are for learning a skill or having us arrange a song for you.
Depending on the difficulty of the subject matter chosen, your lesson make take longer to complete, Our average is five days to two weeks.
Custom Jammers and Ninja Jammers: Please place your Custom eLesson order in the first two weeks of the month. Or pass on an order and an instructor will select an appropriate video eLesson for you.
“Instant solutions to musical roadblocks!”
Their lessons offer personalized discussions and instant solutions to musical roadblocks! I appreciate the creative explanations of musical concepts for someone like me, a non-musical thinker. And every lesson includes printable tabs to add to your songbook and personalized play-along recordings of the songs you've chosen!
Wendy - Durham, California
“Even better than in-person lessons”
Wow! I thought I would try mandolin online lessons with JamAlong, as I live in a rural area, work full time and have a weird schedule, so "in person" lessons are difficult to manage. I am so happy that I found JamAlong. These lessons may even be better than in-person lessons because with screen sharing technology, instant tabbing and standard notation, all bases are covered. And it is fun! Brae is a fun and funny teacher who makes it easy to follow, stress free and well organized. I love my lessons!
Laurie - Sandpoint, Idaho
“Looking forward to my next session!”
I've had one lesson with JamAlong and have to say that their approach and material are far removed from other online tutors. Looking forward to my next session!
Tony - UK
Seeds of my songs that were gathering dust are springing to life since I began learning the techniques from JamAlong for creating completed compositions. We work together online through custom videos and TAB. They quickly produce chord charts, type in lyrics, plot melodies/tabs through screen share or screen shots and I am able to download and use right away. Five stars!
Tina - Nevada City, California
See more testimonials