http://jamalong.org (“the Website”)
What personal information do we collect from the people who visit our website?
When using a contact form, order form or newsletter subscription form on our website, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you enter information in a contact form, order form or newsletter subscription form on our website. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you enter information in a contact form, order form or newsletter subscription form, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
– To create a user account on our website containing links to the lessons you purchase, your order history and other information.
– To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
– To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
– To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
– To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
We use the information you provide on a contact form or order form to contact you individually (by telephone, text message, email or other means) and to provide you with our services.
We use the information you provide when you subscribe to a newsletter to send you occasional email newsletters about our company, our products and services, and related information we believe may interest you. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future email newsletters, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Additionally, we may aggregate the information you provide in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information we process with your consent
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the telephone number listed on the Contact Us page. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
– whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
– whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
– whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
– delivering digital products and other files via email
– responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
– record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of the Company
– protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
– insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage the Company’s risk
– protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We also use regular malware scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
This website uses Google Analytics cookies to compile data regarding user interactions with our website.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, it won’t affect your experience on the website.
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Do Not Track signals
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
No. We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (European Union)
The Website is compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
California Online Privacy Protection Act (USA)
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
COPPA – Children Online Privacy Protection Act (USA)
We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children under 13 years old, nor do we market to children.
CAN SPAM Act (USA)
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Deliver your custom transcription and other files via email
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defense in court.
Compliance with the law
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
Last edited on 8 August 2018